Mentorship applications are currently closed.
Sign up here for notifications about future programs and application deadlines.
CHF Mentorship Program Requirements
- Commit to a minimum of 4 hours per month (over six months) to support your mentorship relationship and your personal growth within the program
- Reside in the greater San Francisco Bay Area and be able to attend occasional after work virtual events
- Participate in at least six one-on-one mentorship meetings, three of which are expected to occur in-person
- Attend three program events: kick-off, midpoint, and completion
Preferred criteria for mentor applicants:
- Passionate about serving in local government and how a local government career and have a positive community impact
- Have completed 3-10 years of work experience in local government; in certain cases we are happy to consider those who have recently transitioned out of local government but maintain a strong network within local government
Preferred criteria for mentee applicants:
- Strongly motivated to work in local government as a way to positively impact your community
- Have completed a four-year undergraduate degree
- Have completed 0-5 years of work experience in local government; in certain cases we are happy to consider strong candidates who are actively trying to transition into local government
- Generally under the age of 30, though we may consider older applicants where their interests align with one of our mentors
Please send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.